Apply to become a Certified Peer Specialists
Are you interested in becoming an Alabama Certified Peer Specialist?
- Have personally experienced a mental health condition
- Be in recovery
- Be open-minded and willing to share your personal experiences with mental illness publicly
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Complete and pass the Certified Peer Specialist Training sponsored by the Alabama Department of Mental Health, Office of Peer Programs
Certified Peer Specialist help their peers:
- Develop communication, social, and problem-solving skills
- Develop skills to combat negative self-talk
- Develop support systems
- Refine self-help skills
Do You Want To Become Certified?
The Alabama Certified Peer Specialist training and certification program is completed through the ADMH. It consists of a five-day training program that includes instruction, discussion, and role-play with an examination after the training. Visit the link for more information. https://mh.alabama.gov/peer-programs/
Note: Successful completion of the training and examination does not guarantee you a job. Peer Specialists are hired by individual providers and are subject to the provider’s application and hiring process.
BECOME A MEMBER
Become a member of Wings Across Alabama and receive our newsletter, updates on job postings and information about the Certified Peer Specialist community. Membership is open to everyone.